Soup is a regular staple in my home. I try to make one pot of soup every week or two. Cooking soup is an easy way to finish up any loose veggies you have that may go bad soon. It can be super healthy and tasty at the same time by incorporating the right herbs and spices to bring out the best flavor. I love this Vegan Farmhouse Vegetable Soup Recipe. It is so colorful and chock full of protein and fiber with the additional beans.
Delicious Rating: A Home Cook can masterfully cook up this soup. Nothing to it. Adjust the seasonings to your liking and it would even be delicious with some Cayenne to add a Spice factor! If you don’t have all the veggies or have others I am sure that any vegetable can substitute or be added in, no problem at all. Make this easy recipe on a cold night to fill the house with warm deliciousness!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 5 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 different colored bell peppers, diced
- 3 cups of fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 cups of flor de mayo beans (or another firm bean)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In large pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook for 5-minutes or until softened.
- Add bell peppers, green beans, zucchini, and garlic; cook for another 5-minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, cooking for 30 minutes.
- Add beans, salt & pepper to taste and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle in parsley and serve immediately.
Beautiful veggies! I love this soup and how it is jammed packed full of vegetables. Feel free to add more or less or different ones!
Love the colors, I sometimes eat with my eyes so it is very appealing, this soup is.