Tired of the same old side dishes? Don’t despair, Parsley Potatoes are here! Okay, that was corny but I couldn’t resist. I cooked meatloaf the other day and didn’t feel like making mashed potatoes or my typical meatloaf sides. The store had these cute little red potatoes so I bought a bag and some fresh parsley. This is an easy recipe with simple ingredients that never fails to please.
Delicious Rating: Cook up these bad boys with a hearty meat dish for a nice complete meal. They are buttered but you can use olive oil instead if you want. My DH said these were the best potatoes I have ever made…they were good but I think he was very hungry!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 12 small Red Potatoes
- ⅓ cup fresh Parsley
- ½ stick Butter
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean potatoes and cut off any unsightly parts.
- Add to pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and cook until firm but a fork can still pierce through.
- Slice each potato in half.
- Add parsley, butter, garlic, and potatoes into a saucepan over medium heat and combine all well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Double or triple the recipe based on the amount you need for your meal. I did about 3 small red potatoes per person.