A perfect side dish for a pasta? Squash & Potatoes.
Yes, you can still have a green salad and some bread but why not add something a little extra? Squash & Potatoes.
My DH loves potatoes and I love squash so this dish works perfectly as a side to really any meal. Whether you are a Vegan, Vegetarian, or an Omnivore, you are sure to find this Delicious!
Delicious Rating: This easy recipe so simple to cook. You can even prepare the squash and potatoes ahead of time and bake at a later time or the next day before dinner. I like my squash soft while I know others may enjoy it a bit more crunchy, so really you can control the level of cookedness(not a word) when sauteing them. Rosemary & Thyme are perfect for this dish. They both have individual tastes that when put together give such a depth to the vegetables and bring out the natural flavor of the squash & potatoes, they don’t overwhelm the veggies. I will definitely be making this dish again! Let me know what you think of it.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 green squash
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil potatoes until tender, 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and half those for 4 pieces.
- Season cut sides of squash and potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- When oil is hot, place squash and potatoes cut side down and cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place vegetables in a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I was only making enough for two and maybe leftovers. But you can double, triple, whatever you want to make more of this recipe.
I think yellow squash would be a great addition to this dish.