I have never really been addicted to cookies. Maybe the filling of Oreo Cookies, if that counts, but homemade baked cookies never really do it for me. I thought it would change when I tried the cookie dough of the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. It was super delicious, I couldn’t stop eating the dough until I remembered the raw eggs and that I had to have a certain amount for company. Anyways, baked ’em up and no, just didn’t do it for me.
Delicious Rating: Super easy recipe to prepare the dough and bake, no special instructions. The cookies are good. Just because I wasn’t addicted to them doesn’t mean they weren’t tasty. My company that they were served to loved them. I added Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips but they didn’t stand out as much as I thought they would, neither did the oatmeal, perhaps both were at odds. Try using other chips like butterscotch, chocolate, or even a chocolate mint…yum!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 2 sticks Butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups Oatmeal, uncooked
- 11 oz pack of Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter and sugars in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and electric mix both together well.
- Add in oats and peanut butter chips and stir.
- Use about 1 tbspful of dough for each cookie.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 9 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Hello creamy butter & sugar!
Don’t eat all the dough, it is so yummy though!