Some years ago my DH and I were vegan. It lasted for nine months and we loved it. The reason we gave it up isn’t clear in my mind but I know it has something to do with steak…melt in your mouth beef. We are working towards veganism again but it is easy recipes like this Tri-tip and chimichurri sauce that make me want to keep the meat in the diet. Tri-tip is one of my favorite cuts of beef. When not over cooked, it melts in your mouth and it full of flavor. Plus, if you have any leftovers, they are great sliced thin for a tri-tip bbq sandwich the next day!
Delicious Rating: Some people tell you it is a sin to cook a tri-tip in the oven. That’s because they have never had a deliciously oven cooked tri-tip. This recipe cooks the tri-tip in the oven. If you don’t have a grill or just like oven cooking then this recipe is perfect for you. I baked some sweet potatoes at the same time and included some veggies in the dutch oven to cook along with the tri-tip. It is the perfect dinner to make and the chimichurri sauce is an excellent addition. Just blend everything up in a food processor and voila! Dinner is ready!FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK → →
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1.5 lb Tri-tip
- 6 Green Onions, washed & trimmed
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large Onion, cut into ¼ inch slices
- Chimichurri: 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Oregano, fresh
- 2 cups Parsley, stemless
- Preheat oven to 415F.
- Combine olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Rub tri-tip with oil mix.
- Place sliced onions on the bottom of Dutch oven.
- Place tri-tip on top of onions.
- Place green onions and tomatoes inside pot.
- Bake for 35 minutes for Medium done meat.
- In a food processor throw in the remaining seven ingredients.
- Process until smooth or a consistency you would like.
- Allow meat to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the tomatoes and onions.
The onions serve a a bed for the meat so that it doesn’t burn or sit in its own juices. Plus, the onions cook up in the juice and taste delicious!
I baked a couple of sweet potatoes in the oven at the same time.