I think that I could live off of pizza, warm out of the oven or next day out of the fridge. Growing up, pizza was a weekend staple with a rented movie from Blockbuster. Good times, good times. Now, I am making Homemade Pizzas and ordering a movie right off of the TV. How times change!
I love making homemade personal pizzas. You can mix and match really anything you want and customize if for any diet. If you are a vegan, vegetarian, or super carnivore these pizzas are perfect and half the price tag. I loaded mine up with fresh tomatoes, basil, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, onions, and olives! Seriously Delicious. My DH loves anchovies and really went to town on his pizza.
Delicious Rating: Don’t overwork the dough on this one or you may end up with a tough cookie. I love this dough! It was so workable and smooth. Add some Italian seasoning to the dough for more flavor in the pizza if you’d like. Almost all the ingredients for the dough are in your pantry; so if you have a lot of veggies to use up this is your go-to recipe. Any combination will be delicious so it really doesn’t matter what you put on top, just add what you like. This is a perfect easy recipe for a night at home, when you have friends over, or for children.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- Basic Pizza Dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 2.5 tsp quick-rise yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- Pizza toppings:
- 8 tbsp Marinara Sauce (Jarred Spaghetti or pizza sauce)
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Olives, sliced
- Red Onion, sliced
- Sun dried Tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Green Bell pepper, sliced
- Artichoke Hearts
- Pineapple, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt.
- Stir in ¾ cups of warm water and oil until dough forms a ball.
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead for 5-minutes.
- Shape dough into 4 balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprinkled with corn meal.
- Cover with saran wrap and let rest 15-minutes.
- Pat each ball out into a 6-inch round.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and cook until tender or to your liking.
- Add 2 tbsp of sauce to pizza round leaving a ½ inch rim.
- Pinch and press edge up to form a high rim.
- Add ¼ cup cheese and toppings as desired.
- Repeat for next 3 pizzas.
- Let pizzas rest for 15-minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake on bottom rack 20-30 minutes or until crust is browned.
This dough is so good and perfect. It is also vegan which is great! You can make ahead and freeze right before one of the rising times if you want for future pizza making dates.
You can keep all 4 balls together to make one large pizza or 2 balls for two mediums. But I like the personal size to mix and match my ingredients on each one.
I bought some pizza sauce in a jar and it was pretty normal but I know I could cook up one and it would be even better than the jarred stuff. Next time.