Good olive oil can create a good pasta sauce. Really, anything is good on Pasta! An olive oil sauce is so versatile that you can mix and match flavors and pastas in so many combinations. This easy pasta recipe is simple in ingredients and cooking. It is the perfect for left over pasta to make a quick dinner.
Delicious Rating: Add more vegetables if you would like. Any would go great with the anchovy olive oil sauce. This pasta is light and very refreshing. I love every bite of it. I did use left over pasta but boiled a bit more to have some reserved cooking water. I am sure that you will find this recipe to be delicious and easy to cook. Please drop a comment to let me know what you think of it!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 1 package of spaghetti noodles
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 2 cans of anchovies
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of raisins, finely chopped if desired
- Cook pasta as directed, drain (reserve ½ cup of cooking water) and set aside.
- Boil large pan of water.
- Cut broccoli head into florets and add to water along with the salt.
- Boil until tender & drain.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add anchovy fillets with their oil and red pepper flakes.
- Stir until anchovies have dissolved.
- Add in broccoli florets and raisins until heated through.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta cooking water and combine all together well.
If you are thinking about omitting the raisins, don’t! This recipe needs the little sweetness they give and the texture is great. Chop them up or food process them.
I love how simple this comes together, a few steps and voila! you have lunch ready.