I have never been a huge fan of meatballs. What is so appealing about a ball of meat?
We were having friends over for some Italian food and I wanted to cook an easy meat dish. What better than baked meatballs? This meatball recipe is super easy, hospital after you get hands deep into the meat! I could spend most of my time on the other dishes while these baked up to perfection in my mini muffin pan.
Delicious Rating: Like I said, super easy recipe. I used pork, chicken, and beef for a moist combination. Threw in some spinach for a visual effect, plus a little spinach never hurt anybody. These are delicious meatballs that go perfect with with Spaghetti Marinara or any other Italian sauce dish.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK ?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine pork, chicken, and beef in a large bowl.
- Get your hands dirty and mix in spinach, parmesan, eggs, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Combine well.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of breadcrumbs into a small bowl.
- Shape 2 tbsp of meat into a round ball and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place each meatball into a mini muffin tin slot.
- Bake the tray for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
If you want larger meatballs, shape into large enough balls to fit into a regular size muffin pan. Choose to bread or not. I did half and half for my meatballs.