Be honest. You like spam. The saltiness. The crispy pan fried edges. The mystery of what you are actually eating. Admit it. You like spam.
I like spam. Fried super crispy and served with rice. Oooh…a spam musubi. Yummy! But most of all, I love some Spam Fried Rice. I love to make this when I am just hanging out on the couch watching tv. It is the perfect ‘hanging out’ food. If you are afraid to eat spam, try this recipe first. Trust me, you will like spam.
Delicious Rating: Maybe I am being bias towards my good friend spam but I think this is the best fried rice recipe ever! It is seriously delicious and an easy recipe to cook. Use some day old rice for the perfect consistency. I add extra eggs because I think you never really get enough egg in fried rice from a restaurant. My sauce is a little more sweet than others but change up the amount of ingredients in the sauce according to your taste. And please…please tell me if you like spam!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 4 cups rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 can spam, diced
- 1 cup green onion , chopped
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- In one bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, oyster sauce, and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in wok over medium-high heat.
- Add in eggs and cook just until done.
- Place on a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in wok and cook onion and spam until spam is nice and crisp.
- Add in peas and carrots and cook until heated through.
- Add in sauce to wok and boil until it reduces to a glaze.
- Gently fold in rice and egg until all warmed and heated through.
- Serve warm.
This recipe calls for 6 eggs which some may think is a bit too much. But I love egg in fried rice, there is never enough of it either! So, my recipe my amount of eggs! Okay, that sounded mean, I didn’t mean to mean to sound mean. Add in the 6 eggs for the perfect ratio or leave some out if you are not that egg in fried rice lover!
Hello Spam. The crisp edges will give your fried rice just what it needs to be perfect!
I started eating this out of the wok, that good. Of course, my DH had to yell at me to ‘just get a plate’. I did, a rather large plate!
If you like some sweetness in the rice add in some diced pineapple, will give a great new side to it!