Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins w/Lemon Glaze…that is a mouthful! Every now and then I like to incorporate a healthy dessert into my cooking. These muffins tasted a little too healthy to be called dessert so they became breakfast! Although they did have a healthy taste they were utterly delicious. I had on hand some pre-cut carrots and lemons so I gathered up some basics ingredients to whip up these Carrot Raisin Muffins with a lemon glaze. I ate almost half the Lemon glaze with a spoon out of the bowl! Oh, recipe but the best part about these Muffins are that they are Vegan! Yay for Vegan Recipes!
Delicious Rating: Any Home Cook will be comfortable baking up a batch of these Muffins. This Carrot Raisin Muffin easy recipe can interchange the main veggie with zucchini or anything you like. They come out so delicious. I preferred them better warm while the Lemon Glaze would ooze down the sides. You can bake this recipe as a bread loaf as well and freeze an extra for future eating. I will definitely keep this recipe on for future breakfast muffins.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK ?
- 2 cups carrots, cheap grated or finely chopped
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly grated lemon zest, loosely packed
- 1¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan or lightly oil & flour.
- In a medium bowl combine carrot, flax, syrup, soy milk, oil, vanilla, vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Combine in raisins and pecans.
- Distribute evenly among muffin liners and bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins out of pan on a wire rack.
- Make glaze by whisking powdered sugar and lemon juice together, use more or less of each as needed.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Once you get the batter going it will be a little thicker than most muffin batters. No worries though, they turn out very delicious, moist, and fluffy.
Substitute nuts or leave out. Raisins can be combined with cranberries or even dates.
They look healthy. They are healthy. But taste amazingly not healthy!
You can certainly leave off the glaze for less sugar. Or make the glaze and eat it without the muffins for more sugar.