I made this easy recipe for bread when we were going out of town for a few days. I always make some type of bread for road-trips and hotel stays. The bread stayed great wrapped and was the perfect snack throughout the day.
Delicious Rating: Although the bread tasted good it fell apart to easily. Also, all the raspberries sunk to the bottom while baking. I didn’t like that the bottom was basically berries. Of course the lemon glaze was delicious. Overall, I wouldn’t make this bread again. The flavor is there but in the end I have had better lemon bread that I will make next time.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil & flour bread pans.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add in eggs.
- Mix in buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently fold raspberries into mixture.
- Evenly spoon into bread pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks and invert.
- Whisk powdered sugar into lemon and add more of each if necessary.
- Pour glaze over bread and serve.
Who doesn’t love creamed butter and sugar, I mean seriously, leave a comment if you love or hate it!
The batter is beautiful to mix and tastes delicious, but be careful because of the eggs!
If your raspberries are too soft they will semi-crush and cause the bread batter to be red.
A perfect gift for friends or family or brunch!