Creamy. Cheesy. Pasta. Chicken. Basil. Artichoke Hearts. Sun Dried Tomatoes.
What more could you want in a meal? This Lasagna is delicious, I mean, hands-down-ready-to-eat-the-whole-pan-by-myself-delicious. Plus it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or steps which makes it an easy recipe for any day of the week.
I have always shied away from making lasagna. I remember my first attempt was a runny mess when cut into. My next few weren’t that great either. But with enough time and practice I look forward to a Lasagna night at home.
Delicious Rating: Did I mention this lasagna is delicious? Since my DH and I already love artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes, we are in love with this recipe. The cream cheese sauce is super creamy and doesn’t give you the ‘runny’ lasagna that sometimes happens. This is a perfect recipe with salad and some Soft & Crusty Bread. Plus, if you are stuck in a rut with traditional lasagna this is a great way to change things up. Leave a comment and let me know how it turns out for you.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK → →
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1½ cup Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup fresh Basil, chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, artichoke hearts, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and sun dried tomatoes.
- In a food processor or blender, mix together cream cheese, milk, garlic powder, and 2 tbsp of basil.
- Stir half of the milk mixture into chicken mix.
- Take another half of the milk mixture and spread on the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on top followed by ⅓ of the chicken mix.
- Repeat with noodles and chicken mix two more times.
- Top with remaining cheeses and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let set for at least 5 minutes before cutting into.
I cooked and shredded my chicken but you can certainly buy a rotisserie from the store to save time and just shred it at home.
My Parmesan cheese turned orange once I put it in the food processor after the sun dried tomatoes…no cleaning in between!
Spray the foil with cooking spray oil on the bottom side so that it does not sick to the cheese while cooking.