When I think of Comfort Food I think of Macaroni & Cheese. The warm ooey-gooey-ness of it all makes me always go back for seconds and thirds! There are a variety of ways to make Macaroni and Cheese. The recipes can vary depending on where you are from, taste preferences, and how your mother makes it. For me, I think California really has a wide range of Mac & Cheese. I love anything with cheese and unfortunately my mother didn’t cook this for us growing up. So, with my creative cooking juices flowing, this Classic Cheesy Mac & Cheese recipe was made.
Delicious Rating: Yummy Yummy Time! If you really love a creamy and cheesy macaroni then this recipe is for you. If you don’t want baked Mac & Cheese you don’t have to bake it at all. You can cook the noodles while the sauce is being prepared and once tossed together, serve. I ate a lot right out of the pan. It is a perfect side dish or stand alone. This is by far one of the most delicious Mac and Cheese recipes I have ever cooked! Please make this easy recipe and let me know what you think!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
- 8 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 5 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large pan melt butter.
- Add in flour, salt, and pepper-whisking until well blended.
- Pour in milk and cream while whisking.
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to stir for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Take mixture off heat.
- Add macaroni noodles to cheese sauce and coat well.
- Place in a lightly buttered baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden.